Social Media Marketing strategy is your guide to everything you do on Social Media, be it your posts, replies, likes, comments, etc. The idea is to have a common goal that drives all your actions so that you can put all your efforts into achieving that one goal.
- What is my end goal?
- Who is your target audience and where can you find them?
- What kind of content can you produce?
- Written content
- Visual Creatives
- What are my competitors doing?
- Where do I stand?
- What is my budget?
Step 1 – Write down your goal
Step 2 – Know your audience
Step 3 – Decide the Social media networks that you’d focus on.
Step 4 – Set a benchmark
- New & evergreen blog posts from their blog
- Inspirational quotes
- Curated content (Industry related)
- Special days/ Weekends in the form of GIFs
- Pictures from the team or community
- Twitter polls aimed at receiving particular feedback or for fun
- Information on how to use their product
- Industry related news
Step 5 – Based on step 4, create your content buckets.
Step 6 – Plan of action
Step 7 – Analyse and adjust
Video content but…
- Have a clear idea of what type of video do you want to produce.
- Find out free/ paid tools that can help you make the videos better.
- Don’t compromise with quality but don’t aim for perfection.
- Saves time.
- The sources you’ve curated content from may share it and help you reach a higher audience.
- You’ll sound less promotional and would be recognized as a thought leader.
Customer service right from the start
- Play with your strengths.
- Know your limits in terms of budget and manpower.
- Don’t follow everything you read on the internet.
- Some trends are good for others but not for you. Know what works for you.
- Experiment. Try new things and be consistent.
- Standard metrics are good but you only need to track what is important for you. Create your own metrics. Find a way to track them.
- Educate your followers. Be a thought leader. Add value to your content, not CTA.
- Don’t aim for vanity metrics like followers, likes, and comments. Aim to connect with your customers, understand what they want and make them your evangelists.
Valuable and practical advice in crucial business areas. No fake experts!
High Quality knowledge, fresh ideas, inspiration and motivation delivered for you
by a Community of experienced, honest and trusted advisers.
Latest posts by Editorial Staff (see all)
- Digital tax: what’s next? - February 3, 2020
- New Year, New Decade: Tech predictions for small businesses - January 7, 2020
- ‘Most turbulent time ever’ for over a third of SMEs, as experts advise British businesses to prepare for even greater change - December 6, 2019